Author Topic: Help with Cruzinimage carb kit  (Read 405 times)

Offline paulbaker1954

• SOHC Pro
  • I'll just be 5 minutes dear!!
    • View Profile
Help with Cruzinimage carb kit
« on: May 10, 2018, 12:30:23 AM »
Help
I just received my rebuild kit and am puzzled

In the pic I can identify

3 different size main jets
Pilot jet
Air mixtutre screw and spring
Emulsion tube, needle and clip
Float valve

What I am confused about are the additional o rings as I am not sure where they should go

I guess the 4 larger ones are for the fuel inlet connectors and the two others maybe for the bowl drain screws but you only need 12 of these in total across all carbs and also why 4 of 1 and 2 of the other in each kit so now I have 16 in total across the 4 kits!!,

As to the 1 very small o ring I have not got a clue

I should ad d I have bought also fron Gerben a Viton set of O rings as well  to replace these with and he supplies exactly what I would expect so I am a bit puzzled

Can anyone enlighten me please
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 07:31:10 AM by paulbaker1954 »
If you think there's light at the end of the tunnel it's usually another train !!

2016 Yamaha MT09 Tracer
1971 Honda CB500 Four K0

Offline deltarider

• SOHC Master
  • My kingdom for a turkey!
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Cruzinimage carb kit
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 07:26:08 AM »
Some aftermarket brands offer a set for CB500 and CB550 models combined. That would explain a #78, a #100 and a #98 mainjet. The extra O-ring is not really an extra. A set for one carb has two identical O-rings for one side of the fuel supply T-joint. You may want to consult the appropiate parts list for your model. Warning: many refrain from using aftermarket brassware. The originally jets and needles hardly wear if at all. No wonder if you realise how little gas passes in a 4 carb 500 cc engine. The originals are an exact fit.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 07:30:02 AM by deltarider »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal