SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

My poor old neglected CB550

(1/3) > >>

pistonbroke:
Well hi to all,about 4years ago after a rush of blood (or was it beer?) i decided to add a CB550 to my stable of unused (due to time) bikes,so after seeing the add and buying the bike it stayed in my garage unloved and untouched until last week when the one that breaths fire decided to nag me into action,after looking the bike over it was obvious that nothing short of a full restoration was needed (i did pray to jesus but i'm told he's dead,just my luck hay? :)).She really is in a terrible state but i am a mechanic so there is hope for the old girl.I will put some pics on later and you can see what i mean.Anyway i thought i would see if anyone had,or knows of or where i could obtain a set of clocks for my 1976 steed?I would like a NOS set but that jesus guy just isnt about so that my last hope gone me thinks ??? still any help would be rewarded with much cheering, beering and exchange of coin of the realm

pae:
Well, we can cheer and beer aplenty, so if that's all you need everything will be fine  ;)

But of course we can't do that without pics, as that's what makes us happy (simple souls that we are)

Oh, welcome to the site, too

regards, Phil

SteveD CB500K0:
Hi Mr Broke.

Where are you?  Anywhere round here and we could sort some help for you.

Steve

Spitfire:
We need more old CB's on the road so get cracking, like the name, years ago when I was with the Wheelwrights MC club we started a rally called the Piston Broke Rally.

Cheers

Den

pistonbroke:

--- Quote from: pae on September 11, 2007, 03:35:52 PM ---Well, we can cheer and beer aplenty, so if that's all you need everything will be fine  ;)

But of course we can't do that without pics, as that's what makes us happy (simple souls that we are)

Oh, welcome to the site, too

regards, Phil

--- End quote ---

Well hello to you phill and thanks for the welcome,i will post some pics of my noble steed when i get the time(yes time now there's a concept...lol) It would appear that we could both do with copious amounts of the foaming stuff after looking at your CB650 project...lol but isn't that the joy of a restoration?(well maybe when you start one...lol) i must say that i am looking forward to spending my nights media blasting parts and polishing very decrepit ally casings to a mirror shine as ive been sorely lacking in my restorations over the last few years.The one thing i have on my side is the amount of restorations ive done before and the fact that i have a garage at my disposal with all the toys any boy could want...lol i know i can't interrupt my day to day running of my garage but it does help to be able to do just about everything in house so to speak...lol ive even got a small powder coating setup so i am optimistic of a fairly good result,but time(there's that word again) and the warmth of a good dragon(did i say dragon?..wife i meant wife)will tell

cheers Perry   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version