SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

My poor old neglected CB550

<< < (2/3) > >>

pistonbroke:

--- Quote from: SteveD CB500F on September 11, 2007, 05:05:48 PM ---Hi Mr Broke.

Where are you?  Anywhere round here and we could sort some help for you.

Steve

--- End quote ---

Hi Steve,thanks for the offer of help my friend but my friends tell me i'm well past that point and the wife tell me the only thing i won't pass is a pub...lol as i dont where "round here" is for you i can't really say mate,"round here" for me is sunny subtropical essex, Colchester to be precise,the bike is here at my house at the moment but when i start the restoration proper i will move it to my workshop otherwise kids and other assorted animals will move and lose things just to add to my frustrations, and the one i call mistress will moan like a banshee if i dare take it out of the garage at home and show it daylight at the house...lol But if your ever down my way call in and we can swallow large amounts of  some local brew and exaggerate about our accomplishments in the field of electromechanical restorations knowing full well that it took us far to long to do and that we DID bugger it first time we tried...lol

Cheers Perry

pistonbroke:

--- Quote from: Spitfire on September 11, 2007, 08:29:32 PM ---We need more old CB's on the road so get cracking, like the name, years ago when I was with the Wheelwrights MC club we started a rally called the Piston Broke Rally.

Cheers

Den

--- End quote ---

Hi Den,ah yes the name!...lol well over the years ive had to repair so many vehicles with knackered pistons that i thought that sounds good...lol, or it could be that in the money grabbing capitalist,tax you to the hilt,open border,illegal immigrant,give money to others but not to our own, britain of today,you will be boke if you have a good session...lol Anyway i digress,yes we do need more old CB's back on the road,my only problem is time unfortunatly,i do run a busy workshop so time with my family is short so i have spent most of my free time with them,but they are a bit older now so i do have high hopes of doing this bike in a reasonable amount of time,but it will get done even if it takes me years...lol but it's like everything my friend,half the fun is running around auto jumbles looking through piles of old crap that the "GEEZER" assures you is not only the right part for your bike,but is also the only one in existence at five times the price of the part when it was new...lol,you then find the part festering at the bottom of knackered box well on it's way to becoming part of a yet undiscovered element of the periodic table..lol,still as they say "what are ya gunna do"?

Cheers Perry

SteveD CB500K0:
Perry, if you add your location to your profile, we can all check where you are. You can see anyone else's details (those that they admit anyway) by clicking on their name in the left hand column.

If you click on my name you'll see that I'm in Wokingham Berkshire - not a million miles away.

BTW can anyone else see these Google ads that have suddenly appeared (as posts?) in this thread?

SteveD CB500K0:
There's a company in Bristol called Pistonbroke Engineering - they advertise in Classic M/C Mechanics but their web address doesn't seem to exist any more.

pistonbroke:

--- Quote from: SteveD CB500F on September 12, 2007, 08:51:20 AM ---Perry, if you add your location to your profile, we can all check where you are. You can see anyone else's details (those that they admit anyway) by clicking on their name in the left hand column.

If you click on my name you'll see that I'm in Wokingham Berkshire - not a million miles away.

BTW can anyone else see these Google ads that have suddenly appeared (as posts?) in this thread?

Hi mate,i'll see about putting the my location in a bit later,well that's if i can see anything later after all the Tig welding i've got to do today...lol as far as the Google ads are concerned they dont appear to be on my screen,well not yet but there is allways time,still who knows what will appear later when i've had a few jars?

--- End quote ---
'

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version