Author Topic: Rattling noise when in neutral  (Read 1752 times)

Offline Paulreade

• SOHC newcomer
  • SOHC Associate
  • Carpe diem
    • View Profile
Re: Rattling noise when in neutral
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2018, 10:57:25 AM »
Hopefully will be associated with the clutch. I am going to purchase a clutch pack I think from David silvers and replace at the end of the season. I will also acquire a Morgan Carbtune to do the carbs once everything is set up. Certainly an interesting learning curve - I haven't touched a bike since the 70's as mine have all been new , I've had this about 3 months and spent more time tweaking than I have sleeping !.
Current bikes:
Suzuki GSX 1250 FA
Triumph t100 bonneville
Honda cb750 k6

Greebo

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2018, 11:12:03 AM »
Hopefully will be associated with the clutch. I am going to purchase a clutch pack I think from David silvers and replace at the end of the season. I will also acquire a Morgan Carbtune to do the carbs once everything is set up. Certainly an interesting learning curve - I haven't touched a bike since the 70's as mine have all been new , I've had this about 3 months and spent more time tweaking than I have sleeping !.

Good luck with it...rather you than me  ;)
I enjoy cleaning & looking after my bikes & riding them obviously...but I am not a huge tinkerer...I leave that to the experts....
I watched most of the rebuild of my Honda & when I saw the engine stripped down in a million bits all over the work bench I shivered & went cold at the thought of even trying to do that myself.. :o

PS.. I am capable of putting fuel in & changing the plugs & oil...you know the easy bits.. ::)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 11:14:37 AM by Greebo »

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2018, 03:02:22 PM »
You would be surprised how many people can't put oil or plugs in let alone change them.  :o
I will tackle small engines but anything else would take me an age to strip and build. 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 03:05:13 PM by Green1 »
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline Crispy

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2018, 09:58:30 AM »

Hi Paul
I have a Morgan carbtune that you are welcome to borrow if & when you need it...not used it myself yet ..sold the bike it was intended for and the current one is in bits at the moment! 😬

Offline Paulreade

• SOHC newcomer
  • SOHC Associate
  • Carpe diem
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2018, 11:39:18 AM »
Appreciate the gesture, that's what makes this forum great in my opinion, people are genuinely helpful with their time and equipment, I hope I can do similar as my knowledge increases. Only issue on the Morgan - mine arrived this morning !. Never mind if either fails we know where we can loan one. Thanks for the gesture though - much appreciated. I just ordered a spoke torque wrench also so if anyone needs one give me a shout !, oh and also a Gunson - you never know you might be able to teach me how to use all ths stuff !
Current bikes:
Suzuki GSX 1250 FA
Triumph t100 bonneville
Honda cb750 k6

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal