Author Topic: Colour CB400F and CB350F face plates  (Read 559 times)

Offline Lecram

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
    • Buy High Quality Honda CB four gauge parts online!
Colour CB400F and CB350F face plates
« on: June 07, 2018, 11:26:30 AM »
We often receive questions from our customers why our CB400F and CB350F face plates are dark green. Well, check this picture. These face plates very often faded from dark green to black/bluish. These were originally dark green.

Find the right Honda CB400F reproduction face plates and other clock parts here:
https://www.cb750faces.com/cb750faces.nl/38-honda-cb400-four

Find the right Honda CB350F reproduction face plates and other clock parts here:
https://www.cb750faces.com/cb750faces.nl/25-honda-cb350-four

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Offline kent400

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Colour CB400F and CB350F face plates
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 06:11:54 PM »
About a year ago I was sent a pair of new old stock CB400F gauges to replace the faces because their colours were different. The owner had purchased the pair some years previously and they were still in the original boxes. The reason for the colour difference I believe was because they were printed at different times during the production process. I've never had anyone question the face colour and what they see is a clean face under a clean glass.

Anyone who has ordered  parts from Lecam might know that mail from the Netherlands takes about three weeks according to the post mark on the envelope. 

Offline Lecram

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 06:16:47 PM »
Anyone who has ordered  parts from Lecam might know that mail from the Netherlands takes about three weeks according to the post mark on the envelope.

It depends on the carrier who locally delivers the package/envelope. Many customers in GB get it in a few days. Even to the US it takes often a few days. And in some cases a few weeks.

Offline Lecram

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 06:20:09 PM »
... The reason for the colour difference I believe was because they were printed at different times during the production process. ...

I have restored more than 2000 gauges and have seen that even NOS gauges can have variations in colour. So if you find a NOS speedo and NOS tacho from different locations, there is no guarantee that the colours will match.

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 10:15:37 PM »
Last set of K0 restoration kits I ordered from Marcel took 3 days to arrive here in the UK so I don’t think transit times are an issue.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal