SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB650

Over heating

(1/2) > >>

tosh:
Hi everyone, finally got the bike down the road after a several year rebuild... yes I know, how long did you say??  It Runs and rides really well but to me the engine seems to get very hot in just 2 or 3 miles. I have no problems starting it from cold or hot and the charging system seems to work fine. It’s running standard 4 into 2 pipes with pod filters and standard jetting. It may just be my imagination but it smells hot hot hot. Anyone got any advice ideas?? Thanks in advance

philward:
Is the smell of 'hot' not just the newness of the rebuild - curing engine paint? If it was overheating, I would have thought it would affect the running.

tosh:
It could be as performance dosnt seem to be affected. Just been 3 miles and the engine is far to hot to touch anywhere or is this normal for these 650 motors ?

hairygit:
If you're running standard jetting with pods, it's running weak, and you are running the risk of holing a piston if it gets too hot. Did you rebore and fit new pistons? Running new pistons in it will run hot for a while, but weak jetting and pods is heading for meltdown. Why use pods, no stock airbox?

Rob62:
Dont jump to conclusions... its an expensive and wasteful way of diagnosing a problem. If you suspect the running conditions, get it checked properly on a dynamometer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version