Author Topic: Jet Needle  (Read 546 times)

Offline adespin

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Jet Needle
« on: June 21, 2018, 08:43:20 PM »
While adjusting the float hights that were way out, with the all the jet holders removed i noticed that the jet needles were sticking out of the bottom of the carb bodies at differing lengths, so some ham bone has put the needle clips into different grooves. My question is, what is the procedure to get at the needles on a K1 and what what groove should the clips be in with 120 main jets ?
1971 cb750 K1

Offline spanners

• View Profile
Re: Jet Needle
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 12:17:06 AM »
With the carbs still on the bike, off the bike, separate together?
You sure it's not because the slides themselves are in slightly different adjusted positions ?  i.e. the way the carbs were left after last synced by somebody?
CB750 K2
1975 CB550 K1
2004 Boxercup Replika

Offline Underdog1

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 08:37:55 AM »
With carbs off the bike undo the 8 counter sunk screws that hold the carb bodies together on that aluminium bracket, with them all separated you then undo the retaining ring on top, remove the slide then undo the small cross head screws inside the slide remove the throttle rod. The needle sits under this and will just drop out

Offline adespin

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 09:24:06 AM »
I have now had the carbs apart, the needles were all in the same middle groove so probably badly adjusted to give differing needle lengths poking out of the bottom. Have now read the post from Hondaman stateing that the K1 should be in the second from bottom groove, so that is where i positioned them.

I have bought a Carbtune vac gauges to sync the carbs, but will have to wait till David Silver sorts out the faulty silencers.
1971 cb750 K1

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal