Author Topic: Cb400/4 rejetting advice  (Read 442 times)

Offline barry.greene.944

• View Profile
Cb400/4 rejetting advice
« on: June 28, 2018, 01:46:59 AM »
Looking for some help/advice, I’ve installed air pods on my 1976 400/4 I’ve got 42 slow jets and tried 85 and 90 mains but still won’t run without some choke I have 95 mains as well but haven’t tried these yet. I’ve cleaned the carbs and slow jets, air screw is 2.5 turns out, any advice is welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline andut

• SOHC Member
  • CB400F, CB400F Cafe & NC30
    • View Profile
Re: Cb400/4 rejetting advice
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 08:09:34 AM »
Does it run OK at part throttle and above ?   If it's just idle where you have the problem, you may have gone the wrong way with your idle jets.  It sounds counter intuitive, but other people have had more success with smaller .38 dle jets with pod filters - it's linked to the fuel not emulsifying sufficiently in the idle circuit with the larger jets, so you may want to try the std .40 jets and then find some .38s if it seems a bit better.  Having said that, the changes are quite small and I would have expected poor running, stalling after a few seconds if the jetting was incorrect - if it's not running at all, then you may have other problems - air leaks, throttle slide settings etc.  Did it run before and idle OK ?  Have you bench set the carbs and closed throttle slide position etc ?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal