Author Topic: What colour?  (Read 1222 times)

Offline jon stead

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: What colour?
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2018, 06:19:37 PM »
I was thinking of fixing some kind of short wire to the rear of the panels attached around the frame so if they do fall off they cant go anywhere.

Maybe using something like that pvc coated thin steel wire they sell in B&Q

Yes, I’d thought of some secondary retention device. One that you can’t see when the cover is on. I was thinking of using 3mm elasticated cord.
2015 Triumph Bonneville T100 Newchurch

Offline jon stead

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2018, 06:20:43 PM »
Would you believe it, just as I was posting my quality, Quality Street, replacement, picture above, a mate knocks and he’s only gone and found it. He knew roughly where I’d lost it and was driving that way today. He said he thought he’d seen it on the verge and pulled in at the next lay-by. He walked back to what he’d seen and it was a Macdonalds bag. He turned to go back to his car and there was the side cover, upside down, so not showing the colour. I’m over the moon.

Guess I can always put my mock up on eBay

Get some new mounting rubbers or it will fall off again  ;)

Yes, that’s what I thought as well.
Also, do the lottery.

Ha ha, yes
2015 Triumph Bonneville T100 Newchurch

Offline paulbaker1954

• SOHC Pro
  • I'll just be 5 minutes dear!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2018, 12:12:23 AM »
Would you believe it, just as I was posting my quality, Quality Street, replacement, picture above, a mate knocks and he’s only gone and found it. He knew roughly where I’d lost it and was driving that way today. He said he thought he’d seen it on the verge and pulled in at the next lay-by. He walked back to what he’d seen and it was a Macdonalds bag. He turned to go back to his car and there was the side cover, upside down, so not showing the colour. I’m over the moon.

Guess I can always put my mock up on eBay

Can’t be as bad as when my topbox flew off one day

Luckily it missed a guy on a bike not far behind me who kindly stopped at the lights next to me and rode back to show me where it was
If you think there's light at the end of the tunnel it's usually another train !!

2016 Yamaha MT09 Tracer
1971 Honda CB500 Four K0

Offline MCTID

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2018, 12:59:38 PM »
Can't beat one of my Colleagues in the TA on exercise in Germany....his Camouflage net which was stored on the roof of his Land Rover came adrift and wrapped itself around the front wheels of a following Mercedes Benz car on the Autobahn. Said car was written off.

After that we had to remove all our 'home made' Roof Racks and store nets etc inside our Trailers.....what a pain that was !
Now: 2008 CB1300S, CB750K4, 1970 Bonneville. Various other 1960's 650 Triumph T120's/ TR6's/ TR6C's (all in bits...many, many bits unfortunately). Previous: 2007 CB600FA, 1976 CB500 Four. BMW F800ST. GS750E. ZZR1100. CB1300 (2). ZXR1200S. VFR800. CB750 Nighthawk. CX500. XS500 Yam. Suzuki GT500. BSA A10. Various Lambrettas. Zundapp Bella (honest).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal