Author Topic: Braided hoses  (Read 533 times)

Offline Underdog1

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Braided hoses
« on: July 02, 2018, 11:39:07 AM »
After some braided hoses for my CB750k6. Seen HEL recommended on here so messaged a seller on eBay and although it’s advertised for a CB750k he couldn’t confirm if the ones pre made up by HEL use the rigid metal pipe or not (I don’t want to use it).

He said he actually makes them up to order aswell and can do it in a number of ways,

firstly he can do a like for like replacement which retains the original brake switch and be in three pieces to replace the upper hose, lower hose, and metal pipe bit

Secondly he can do a two piece (replacing the lower hose and metal pipe with once piece) again retaining the original brake switch

Thirdly he can do a once piece which requires a banjo pressure switch bolt for the brake light (I actually have a brake lever with a switch built in.

What do most people go for? To be honest I’d like a once piece but since I’m wiring my bars internally I don’t want an external wire heading down to the loom, and where the connection for the brake switch is on the bars it would require another separate hole if I wanted it internally routed, think the handlebars will have enough holes in them as is!

Offline gtmdriver

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Braided hoses
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 08:37:52 PM »
On my CB350F I had a 2 piece  system made up.

The upper section (master cylinder to brake light union) was a direct replacement but the lower section is a single flexible hose with no metal piping involved.

Offline Underdog1

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 10:41:31 PM »
On my CB350F I had a 2 piece  system made up.

The upper section (master cylinder to brake light union) was a direct replacement but the lower section is a single flexible hose with no metal piping involved.

Think that’s what I’m leaning towards, the seller annoyingly wants me to give him all the exact measurements so he can make them up. As I don’t have any standard brake hoses handy and I have lower than standard bars I’m probably best off having someone local make them up I think

Offline Liam

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 09:36:28 AM »
HEL standard rear hose CB750F supersport didn't fit.  annoying but they were great got refunded no problem...   Had to make a set up. front hoses are shorter than standard as I've got clip on's and no steel pipe, hose goes directly into the front calliper. 

I went direct to HEL, customer service was great or at least it was for me.  My one recommendation is to draw a schematic so the get the connections orientated correctly.

Offline Underdog1

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 10:28:16 AM »
HEL standard rear hose CB750F supersport didn't fit.  annoying but they were great got refunded no problem...   Had to make a set up. front hoses are shorter than standard as I've got clip on's and no steel pipe, hose goes directly into the front calliper. 

I went direct to HEL, customer service was great or at least it was for me.  My one recommendation is to draw a schematic so the get the connections orientated correctly.

I purchased some HEL advertised as fitting my K6. Upper hose was like 2 inches short so they are going back. Need to get them custom made

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal