SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

Insurance time again and its gettnig harder ..................

<< < (3/7) > >>

Moorey:
Its nearly impossible to compare  insurances as every body is different, occupations and postcodes even if only a few streets difference can make massive differences in premiums. I would guess Julies postcode and occupation + gender and age must be one of the best in the country. It all plays a large part.

Nurse Julie:
I like that Moorey, I didn't think I had much going for me being a 57 year old female nurse bike rider living where i do but now you put it like that, I will now see it as a positive 😀😀😀 Also, I do declare my speeding conviction but that doesn't increase the premium at all. The strangest thing though is that Trig's quotes are exactly the same price as mine, at both this postcode and his old postcode in Milton Keynes. I think you get to a certain age where the insurers see you as such a low risk, the premium stays low. Stranger still is the premium for the Honda CD250u is the same as the 600 Thundercat, one does 70 flat out the other does 154 flat out. Absolutely no logic at all.

matthewmosse:
My premiums went up £10 per bike added regardless of if it was a 125 rebel worth £300 or a tuned up bmw 1000cc worth £2500.

Laverda Dave:
I have used Carol Nash since 1991. They were always very good until they were taken over and then the premiums kept going up. The worst move I made was selling a 2007 Triumph Sprint ST and buying a 2003 Blackbird, my premium doubled. When I sold the Blackbird and bought the 1999 VFR they tried to increase the premium still further!
I called the renewals team and spoke to a really helpful advisor who reduced my premium by 50% for being a valued customer.
Morale is, don't take the first quote, question them or better still, call them back a while later, tell them you have a better quote (even if you don't) and the original quote will reduce. I know a lot of people who have done this.

Moorey:

--- Quote from: Nurse Julie on July 23, 2018, 09:06:59 PM ---I like that Moorey, I didn't think I had much going for me being a 57 year old female nurse bike rider living where i do but now you put it like that, I will now see it as a positive 😀😀😀 Also, I do declare my speeding conviction but that doesn't increase the premium at all. The strangest thing though is that Trig's quotes are exactly the same price as mine, at both this postcode and his old postcode in Milton Keynes. I think you get to a certain age where the insurers see you as such a low risk, the premium stays low. Stranger still is the premium for the Honda CD250u is the same as the 600 Thundercat, one does 70 flat out the other does 154 flat out. Absolutely no logic at all.

--- End quote ---
No it is difficult to fathom out.
But what both have in common is both are equally capable of killing someone else or writing off some high price supercar in a accident. What you also will find out is as you get older your premiums will start to increase again because of your age.
Anyone moaning about the cost of premiums just needs to talk to a tenager about it, and you will come away with a smile on your face.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version