SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

Insurance time again and its gettnig harder ..................

<< < (2/7) > >>

jon stead:
Both my bikes are insured with Bennetts at the moment but I shop around at each renewal. They are on separate policies, one runs April to April the other June to June. The Triumph carries my full NCD and is £81, fully comp. The Honda has no NCD and is £94, fully comp., however this is not an agreed value but I will be looking into this at next renewal.

As I say, I shop around at every renewal and I do this for the cars, the bikes, the house insurance, the broadband, the gas and the electric. I just accept now that any renewal quote I am sent, can be bettered by a quick look on any of the comparison websites. 

Your premium very much depends on where you live, your age, your driving record, your claims record, your job, whether you commute or not. I’m sure you know this but it means it’s not so easy to compare your quotes with others.

Nurse Julie:
Paul Baker, is there something you're not telling us ???😀😀😀 I have just done a quote on line with Bennets for the CB550/4 and it came back at £87.09 fully comp. So they are still covering our bikes.....maybe they know something about you we don't 🤨🤨🤨. [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Nurse Julie:
And its only £131 for 2 Honda CB's, the 400/4 and the CB550/4. [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Johnwebley:
Try Peter James.
See what they say

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

matthewmosse:
Try Lynbrooke insurance. My bikes are off the road whilst self employment and kids mean money needs to go elsewhere but up til a couple of years ago I was paying £120 for 5 bikes including the 500/4 sidecar and a few r90/6 sidecar outfit with a list of modifications as long as your arm and 2 other named riders on any of the 5 machines. All classics (over 15 years old) when I added my Ntv 650 when I bought it they appologied for the extra charge of £11.97 for the 9 months cover. I found them excellent to deal with and premiums only ever went up by roughly the rate of inflation so never worth shopping around. Me and my wife had poor service off Bennets though that was now over a decade ago. Carol Nash I used to like but they got very awkward when bough out by another company, refused to cover the Bmw without an engineers report to verify the new engine was installed correctly, because it was all of 100cc bigger despite the identical layout down to interchangeable parts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version