SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

CB 750 F2

(1/7) > >>

Moxey:
After seeing SumpMagnets post about his F2 I thought I really should get around to sharing my own build which has been ongoing since last October

As bought last September

Seemed a nice enough machine (at first glance).

After fresh petrol, oil and a speedy MOT courtesy of a mate decided to take it for a short run to Seaton Carue.

The journey highlighted some fueling issues and a quite prominent oil leak from the head around no. 1 cylinder, there went my hopes of enjoying the last month of decent riding weather.

So the strip down commenced earlier than planned in mid October 17

Apologies I haven't done a brilliant job documenting the early strip down it was a little rushed.

Engine out! (Christ they are substantial lumps!)

Some damage was noted on the head stock at this time where a chunk had been taken out of the lock stop and the bottom yoke "modified" to compensate (A hole drilled through the stop with a nut and bolt to take up the steering slack...).

At leas this gave me a bit of an idea what to expect for the rest of the bike (bodges to buggery ::) )

Will post more when I get home and access to the other photo's.

SumpMagnet:
She looks a whole lot prettier than mine :)

I do like them in black..I think it's a colour that sits well with the shape and the lines of the tank. But...as with any 40 year old bike...there will be bodges, there will be nasties, and there will be worn out and knackered bits. But then...if we wanted pristine....

Instead, it's a challenge to make an old thing as good as new.

God...though...trying to get my engine out today resdulted in failure and a trip to casualty after I sliced my hand trapping it between engine fins and the frame tubes.

Keep up the pics :) I want to see how others get on with one of these. Whilst the older Ks are nice....I personally prefer the F2 for looks.

Green1:
Blasphemy take that back or return my air filter box.  ;D

hairygit:
Sorry (actually, I'm not!) but the 750F1 was the best looking of all the SOHC 750's! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Moorey:
I quite agree Hairy. ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version