SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

Engine bolt

(1/2) > >>

loafer:
Hi  , just put the engine back in my 550 after doing the transmission , got all the mounting bolts in and nipped up , when i tightened the rear upper bolt ,[ m10 x 280mm long] , striped the thread !!!! didnt over tighten  it, but knew it looked a bit knackered when i took it out ,anyone know the thread pitch ? looks to be 1.00 or 1.25 .
   cant source one anywhere ! so i was thinking of buying some 10mm bar and  m10 die to make one . do you think it matters whether i make it 1.00 ,  1.25 or 1.5 pitch
cheers Paul

mickwinf:
I have a spare one, pm me your address and i will send you it

jon stead:

--- Quote from: loafer on August 16, 2018, 06:16:46 PM ---Hi  , just put the engine back in my 550 after doing the transmission , got all the mounting bolts in and nipped up , when i tightened the rear upper bolt ,[ m10 x 280mm long] , striped the thread !!!! didnt over tighten  it, but knew it looked a bit knackered when i took it out ,anyone know the thread pitch ? looks to be 1.00 or 1.25 .
   cant source one anywhere ! so i was thinking of buying some 10mm bar and  m10 die to make one . do you think it matters whether i make it 1.00 ,  1.25 or 1.5 pitch
cheers Paul

--- End quote ---

I see somebody has said they have a bolt that you can have, but if you couldn’t get one, you could use M10 threaded rod, stud bar, with a nut on each end.

loafer:
yea i was going to do that , i,v pm mickwinf about the proper bolt

mickwinf:
found it, see pm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version