SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB650

CB650Z Brakes

(1/2) > >>

jameser:
Hi just wondering if any one has had any probs with front brakes on a CB650Z
I have just rebuilt both calipers and master cylinder with new seals and pistons etc also fitted a new two way junction on hoses (All Genuine Honda Parts)
but when i try to bleed the brakes fluid is pumped through the whole system until no air bubbles are present close bleeders  and little or no resistance on lever
pump it a few times and reasonable lever obtained  after allowing it to sit for a few minutes absolutely nothing there

Any assistance  greatly appreciated
                                                  Cheers James

daniel son:
yes i am having the same problem with my brakes on my cb650. although i have changed the master cylinder to a cb750 one i still cant get any resistance on the lever. the wheel locks but the lever still comes to the bars and no air bubbles either. i am going to try the speed bleeder we have at work this weekend to see if i can pull the air out rather than try and push it out!!

SteveD CB500K0:
James: classic symptoms of air in the system (still)

Keep pumping - or unbolt it all and raise the caliper(s) as high as you can to let any air rise overnight. Then bleed in that position.

JonnyB:

--- Quote from: SteveD CB500F on February 28, 2008, 08:00:59 AM ---James: classic symptoms of air in the system (still)

Keep pumping - or unbolt it all and raise the caliper(s) as high as you can to let any air rise overnight. Then bleed in that position.

--- End quote ---

Tip, I had similar probs with a GPZ 600 last year, and all the Kwak guys recomended, taping the caliper with a mallet while bleeding - worked too.

mat4:
Hi, I have just this week done this exact job on by 650z and I had problems bleeding the system, it turned out to be an air lock which I overcame by fixing a transparent tube to the blead nipple tightly, filling the master cylinder reservoir with fluid and then sucking as hard as I could on the tube while I watched the fluid level lower in the reservoir, I stopped sucking when I saw fluid in the transparent tube. I made sure the reservoir was full the whole time.  This worked for me I hope something similar works for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version