SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB750

K4 carburettor float bowl and drain plug

(1/2) > >>

willythepooh:
Tried to remove the drain plug from carb no.4 and it snapped off. I then used a screw extractor and snapped that inside the bit that was left. Not happy with that, I then tried to punch it out from the inside, slipped and cracked the bowl.
Anyone got a spare they want to part with, because I’m well and truly screwed now.

willythepooh:
Managed to get one off a cb77 that a mate had.
Result !

philward:
Stopped using stud extractors years ago - more hassle than they are worth - glad you got sorted anyway.
Anybody got any tips for getting those drain plugs out? I've never had any luck getting them out easily

willythepooh:
Brake fluid is supposed to get around the threads.

I only have my float bowl on long term loan folks, so any help would be appreciated.
Is diecast metal repairable ?

K2-K6:
Definitely looking for another as very difficult to get repaired.

The material is really good for what it has to do in a carburettor construction but those properties don't lend themselves to any worthwhile repair.  Even someone from the magic circle, working under a black cloth in a dimly lit theatre, would stand just about chuff all chance of achieving that.

On a practical note if single bowls aren't available,  it may be more attainable to buy a used set of carbs to get any pieces you want. Price could be a bit higher but worth a look around to see what's available.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version