SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB750

Recovered CB750F1 - fixing broken stuff!

(1/8) > >>

theriddler:
Having had my bike recovered by the police, I have decided not to make an insurance claim but have some bits to sort out. By the way thanks for the encouragement/support I've got from people on here ...
Now down to business ...
Vin plate removed - searched on here & found uk based place to supply a stamped plate which was good. What do you think of outcome?

theriddler:
Another thing I am having to do is replace ignition & seat locks. OK with seat lock, but was looking for help on disassembling an ignition lock in order to make both seat lock & ignition lock to work from same key. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated ....

Laverda Dave:
The VIN plate looks great.  Where did you get it from and do they stamp it for you? I bought a plain, un-stamped one for my 400/4 but had trouble finding suitable stamps of the correct size it didn't turn out very well so I'd like to replace it with one like yours if possible?

theriddler:
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,5683.0.html
This the link to the thread I found ... also some extra useful info. about what needs to be stamped. Stamping was included. Cost £25 for stamping & £16.95 for plate. There is a range of blanks to chose from. Pretty good quality ... the odd stamp pitching slightly out maybe but very good overall... Judge yourselves from photo ... I have intentionally blanked out the frame number ... also came with a pair of rivets ...

hairygit:
Just a word of caution here, even if you don't make a claim on your insurance, you MUST inform them about the theft if you have not already, otherwise when a blind woman reverse over your bike and doesn't stop, they wriggle out of paying any claim you do make!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version