SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB750

Recovered CB750F1 - fixing broken stuff!

<< < (3/8) > >>

theriddler:

--- Quote from: hairygit on September 19, 2018, 01:19:00 PM ---Possibly, but at least they are aware. Might be worth alarming the garage to make a repeat attempt harder, plus the insurers will view it favourably.

Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
Actually Nottinghamshire police victim support dropped me off 2 vibration alarms to stick on inside of door - boy are they LOUD!!! Hopefully that will help. also cameras to an NVR.

theriddler:

--- Quote from: Oddjob on September 19, 2018, 02:14:00 PM ---I'd agree with that Hairy to some extent but why does your premium go up when you don't make a claim, doesn't seem justified to me, in fact it sounds more like theft than the actual theft.

--- End quote ---
What's even worse, is that I'm reluctant to let the insurers loose on any repair work - one of the reasons why I didn't make a claim!

theriddler:
Hmm ... looks like I've stirred up a hornet's nest!!!
Not exactly my intention ... what I was hoping to do was something positive, that is the challenge of sorting/repairing the bits to get my bike back to top condition ... along the way hopefully helping some others out who are looking for similar info. (e.g. vin plate replacement - as above...) :) :) :)
Oh... and in case it got lost in the above "discussion":

" ...Another thing I am having to do is replace ignition & seat locks. OK with seat lock, but was looking for help on disassembling an ignition lock in order to make both seat lock & ignition lock to work from same key. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated ...."

- any pearls of wisdom? I know you can get Chinese replacement locks, but I'm interested in rebuilding a set of original locks ... depending on how successful I am I may well get a pair of Chinese locks anyway (& then make them work with the same key...). I am quite used to rebuilding locks... so it's something I'm looking forward to getting on top of!

Moorey:
Where did you get your weights information from.

theriddler:
From the thread that I linked in previous post ... (4th post I think...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version