Author Topic: DAVID SILVERS CB750 SHOW ON SATURDAY  (Read 8282 times)

Offline petermigreen

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: DAVID SILVERS CB750 SHOW ON SATURDAY
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2018, 01:31:31 PM »
Here’s another one
https://youtu.be/1qc9ErSZ06Q

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline fryerk

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2018, 09:10:03 PM »
Interesting reading about the early UK bikes I have vin 1015263 one up from the press bike. Mine was supplied new by Comerfords in Thames Ditton which is less than 5 miles from where the bike is now. Ive also got a copy of a MCN article dating from 1985 where the then owner of YLY 70H also owned my bike YMF11H and they are pictured together.

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2018, 09:26:38 PM »
Crikey Kev - our bike must literally have rubbed shoulders on the day of manufacture..

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2018, 09:34:35 PM »
Interesting reading about the early UK bikes I have vin 1015263 one up from the press bike. Mine was supplied new by Comerfords in Thames Ditton which is less than 5 miles from where the bike is now. Ive also got a copy of a MCN article dating from 1985 where the then owner of YLY 70H also owned my bike YMF11H and they are pictured together.

Kev was the owner of YLY 70H in 1985 the present owner Phillip Shaw or the guy who restored it Keith Newton ...or perhaps Penelope Keith's husband Rodney Timpson as he owned it for a few years.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 09:36:06 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2018, 09:36:18 PM »
From the old boy Honda dealer network, the first UK K0's were most defiantly supplied to Bill Smith motorcycles  ;) 

Offline fryerk

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2018, 10:12:07 PM »
The guy in the article is Keith Newton. I believe he "borrowed" a few parts from my bike to put on YLY70H and then according to the article rebuilt my bike for his wife to ride! I'm only the 4th owner not sure if Keith bought my bike new or he was the second owner.

You're right James they must have literally been on the production line minutes apart.

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2018, 11:39:09 PM »
The guy in the article is Keith Newton. I believe he "borrowed" a few parts from my bike to put on YLY70H and then according to the article rebuilt my bike for his wife to ride! I'm only the 4th owner not sure if Keith bought my bike new or he was the second owner.

You're right James they must have literally been on the production line minutes apart.

The original owner of YLY 70H  was Honda UK then Phillip Shaw bought it and used it in a promo film in the latter part of 1970. He then bought it back years later  after restoration and still owns it.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 10:54:30 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline kettle738

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2018, 01:46:24 PM »

From the old boy Honda dealer network, the first UK K0's were most defiantly supplied to Bill Smith motorcycles  ;)

Bill Smith may well have had some from the first batch....but certainly not all of them as mine was supplied new by Ken Ives and Ash's from a dealer in York......and they are both from the first batch.

Mick.

Offline petermigreen

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2018, 06:18:06 PM »
Oh yes, strangely I wasn’t tempted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2018, 08:03:50 PM »

Bill Smith may well have had some from the first batch....but certainly not all of them as mine was supplied new by Ken Ives and Ash's from a dealer in York......and they are both from the first batch.

Mick.

There's a picture of one in a classic bike book which displays the registration DVG 159 G.

I don't know which area the code relates too but if original number, suggests it was registered prior to August of that year.

Offline kettle738

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2018, 08:55:30 PM »

There's a picture of one in a classic bike book which displays the registration DVG 159 G.

That will be an import with an age related plate......there are lots of them about now..

Mick.

Online K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2018, 09:10:30 PM »
I wondered if that were the case. 

Although if someone had prior frame and engine data I suppose they could have tried to get it on the books early. 

Also found a picture in french book of, what looks like,  the Brighton bike that I've not previously seen. Taken outside at the Paris reveal of the CB750.

Online K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2018, 10:31:06 AM »
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Quite a good resolution original and reproduction it appears.  For sale via the copyright holders agent,  and dated as 10th March 1969.

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2018, 11:17:05 AM »
Wow ...nice pic Nigel ..never seen that one before

This crabby pic of UK diecast was taken at a King Crimson concert in 1970 (for all of you prog rock fans out there).
The bike belonged to the their record agent John Gaydon and was taken at a concert in Hyde Park. The lady sitting on it is Mark Bolan's wife June Child (Feld) (for all of you Glam rock fans out there).

CPK 694H is listed  on DVLA and listed as 810cc but sadly last taxed in 1977 so probably long gone now  :(

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 11:24:02 AM by AshimotoK0 »

Online K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2018, 11:47:58 AM »
A nice photo too Ash.  There must be stuff like this lying around that is deemed insignificant but good if it can be found.

I often travel past Marc Bolan's tree which is near here, he's never forgotten with permanently replenished shrine there.

That Paris photo has Jean Pierre Beltoise,  formally a motorcycle racer, subsequently formula 1 driver on the front of the bike.  So searchable by his name rather than Honda as such, hidden in plain site as it were. There's a few of it with him and some french singers also from the same photo session that come up as well. 

Details in the photo are good and you can probably see "your" carbs in some.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal