SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

<< < (2/2)

matthewmosse:
I think your right about leaving chain crud on as the last owner of mine kept it nice and clean. Rear shocks are easy enough to source, I get them from a mail order comany in town called Custom Fastners, costs about 65 for a pair and they've held out well to the abuse of hauling an overloaded chair, even managing 200 miles with a complete dismantled 500/4 in the chair. The hagons that were nearly new when I got the bike were a bit soft for sidecar use and started sounding squidgy so I put them to one side though as they are good for solo's (I think they are possible to rebuild as are konis I've heard). Hagon also do wheel rebuilding if you prefer a pro job. Don't panic about welding, Its not that often it's really needed on a bike. I went a bit over enthusiastic on mine as I've got the kit at home to do it, I think there was a flaw in the original welding that let one of the hangers fill with water. Once I'd got the bike stripped I ran a gas torch over all the supect areas and cut out and replaced anything that was getting thin.

z1100r:
Is there a piccy of your errrm..thing ..anywhere,,,? I would genuinley like to see it. :o

matthewmosse:
Hi, when the old girl is up and running I'll take a piccy and use it as my photo on profile, looks pretty standard but well worn in it's original dark green paint which has rubbed through where your knees touch the tank to bare metal. Oh yeah, and there's a whacking great chair on it. Maybe I'll find time to weld It's 'pretty' exhaust up again, a 4 into 1 system from David Silvers with the it's silencer cut off and replaced with a Triumph rockett 3 (70's) raygun jobbie. looks the dogs .......s and can be heard 6 miles from my house when I'm on the way home!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version