SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

K0 Bobber?

<< < (3/3)

Tomb:
WOW I have a garage full of crap like that (not my doing I might add) I think I'll sell up and retire on the procedes

SumpMagnet:
Interesting.....

They got it up to £1750...and the buyer failed to buy.....So they readvertise for more....and get more.... Wonder who pulled the sale. And why.

That aside, it's not a bad example of a bobber ( a seriously abused term these days ) but it's not really going to ever be a usable thing. No front brake, no rear suspension, and no paperwork. Plus a modified frame. Personally...if I wanted a bobber, I would buy a cheaper project bike and do it myself rather than buy something like this. You never know for sure how well the work has been done unless you tear it all the way down and look.

I personally don't mind the bobber look, though in my youth...this was just a 'chop'and we didn't need to classify everything, but before buying this sort of thing, you have to accept that it will be massively uneconomical to return it to standard, and that it will never be worth what you will pay for it.

Also...strip the frame paint off and find out if it was done by a pro....or a keen amateur with a home MIG hidden under a layer of filler.......

Allington (Steve):
More and more of these things are being bought as ornaments or retail display objects although I can’t see a lot of people going to fleabay for them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version