SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

4 in to 2 down pipes any one ?

(1/1)

saxby:
does any one have any 4 into 2 down pipes that will fit a cb550 . the condishon doesnt matter two mutch

my idea is to  extend the downpipes to the back of the bike making 4 exhausts at the rear ... does any one know what kind of performance loss would happen with this stile of exhaust ?

matthewmosse:
cb550 k had 4 into 4 system and almost identical preformance to the f models in fact marginally faster in one mira test, what baffling etc you use will obviously infuence this, a feiend of mine had a massey tractor silencer, (unbaffled) and homemade cruddy airbox and he reconed the bike (550 f1) was faster than my bike (550 k3) with its motad neta so possibly less baffling helps (k3 also used leaner jetting apparently), my 500/4 was also a bit quicker with its Very loud triumph 'silencer' caution though I've heard short streight thughs can apparently lead to burnt exhast valve seats not to mention upset the old bill. I'm afraid I can't help with sourcing pipes directly but try apincorporated as they may have something in.

Dave M:
Never heard of anyone doing a 4 into 2 for the 550 so perhaps you may be better to find a 4 into 4 from a K series?

matthewmosse:
I nearly got some fron a breakers but when they checked thet said the pipes were too far gone to be of use, I then got some silencers which were new off ebay and then a set of downpipes that were meant to be 4 into 2's but don't quite work with the silencers.......... Yet;- Need a bit of bending. I'll keep my eyes open for a set, thought occors that if a set of downpipes of the same diameter tube off a vaugely similar machine the they could be cut/ welded/ bent to fit and might cost not too much, my 'local' breaker only charged

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version