Author Topic: cb550f brake drum problems.  (Read 7165 times)

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: cb550f brake drum problems.
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2008, 12:37:21 PM »
Mat, if its that desperate and you feel like a trip south to Gloucester i'll lend you a wheel---dont forget the UK550 has a different brake plate, spacers (and hub?) on some of them, It seems to be it you have the closed end swingarm requiring the spindle removed to drop the wheel it is different to the type where you remove a piece at the end of the arm and slide the wheel out complete

Offline mat4

• cb550f&cb650z
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 02:36:47 PM »
Thanks for the offer bryan, but I am in no real rush as theres plenty more to do on the bike, I am going to have the frame blasted and powder coated and at the moment the bike is almost fully assembled apart from rear wheel and fuel tank so plenty of diss mantling ahead before the trip to the powder coaters. Then a lengthy re assembly using new fork seals and various other seals, gaskets etc. I wanted to have a little ride on the bike before taking it apart as I've not riden it since buying it as a restoration project, but that is not essential, I also have a 99% restored cb650z which I could use the wheel from if I get desporate. 
cheers.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 03:26:28 AM »
No problem, I have the Honda workshop manual scanned to CD and moct parts books, but not yet scanned and a mobile number if you need help

Offline mat4

• cb550f&cb650z
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2008, 03:34:24 PM »
Thanks, I'll let you know if I need any future assistance, as no doubt I will, most difficulties I experience are in sourcing up graded parts like for example stainless steel brake caliper pistons, david silver only sell the crap chromed ones. I have found a company called Kitek ltd who make stainless pistons using an old one as a pattern, they charged me

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 05:03:12 PM »
There's a guy on the .net site who makes phenolic brake pistons by turning down Nissan parts on his lathe.

He sells them on eBay as well and by all accounts they are a good alternative (and help to sustain the SOHC4 "craft base"
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal