Author Topic: New Knee  (Read 866 times)

Offline Nurse Julie

• 1973 CB750 UK K2.1977 CB550/4 Mongrel Brat. 1978 CB400/4.
  • SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: New Knee
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2019, 01:01:39 PM »
Good luck Dennis, let us know how you are getting on. Us Nurses do like patients progress notes to be kept up to date 😀😀😀
Im a Nurse, trust me, this won't hurt.....much !!!

LINK TO MY CB400/4 ENGINE STRIP / ASSESSMENT AND REBUILD...NOW COMPLETE
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,14049.msg112691/topicseen.html#new

Offline Andych

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2019, 01:09:34 PM »
Yes Dennis.. there were a few guys in the Rehab hospital when I was there that had both knees done at the same time.. I tip my hat to them.. having been through it no way I would recommend doing both at once but each to their own I guess..
I was offered to have an epidural and not go fully under anaesthetic but having watched a video of what they were going to do.. there was no way I wanted to be even partially awake when it was being done...lol
Keep us up to date.. a couple of pics just so you know what it all looks like in the first week or so :)

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

The last one was after 2 weeks when the dressing came off.. no external stitches or staples.. some new dressing and glue combination.. half my scar is almost invisible now.. I do have some numbness on the outside of the knee but it is slowly coming back.. :)

1975 CB400 - Project
1978 Yamaha SRX250 - Project

Online moorey

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2019, 01:58:43 PM »
Good Luck with it its just 9 weeks now since I had my hip replacement done. and the difference is great. Gone is the sickening grinding pain.I can now walk further than I have done for years. Cant get my leg over yet, but it will come. Exercise, Exercise, now off for a walk to the pub. ;)

Offline Spitfire

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2019, 04:51:15 PM »
Good Luck with it its just 9 weeks now since I had my hip replacement done. and the difference is great. Gone is the sickening grinding pain.I can now walk further than I have done for years. Cant get my leg over yet, but it will come. Exercise, Exercise, now off for a walk to the pub. ;)

Sounds like a nice form of exercise
1976 CB750F

1977 CB750F2

1964 BSA A65R

Online moorey

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2019, 04:55:01 PM »
Just got back and it was three pubs. Plan your route.  ;) :)

Offline philward

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2019, 08:40:13 PM »
Hi Andy, just want to say thank you for starting this thread as it has reassured me no end, after a few years of a problem knee and one failed op I go in on Wednesday for a new knee and having read all the comments on here I am a lot happier about it. Take the painkillers and do the exercises seems to be the key !

Cheers

Dennis
Good luck Dennis
Current Bikes:-
Kawasaki ZZR1100D3
Honda CB750K2
Honda CR750 Replica
Honda CB750K6 Cafe Racer Project