Other Stuff > Tricks & Tips

Seized Brake Bleed Nipple

(1/5) > >>

Dave M:
Usual problem with the front brake on my 550.

Has anyone fitted one of these? Will it fit?

It seems a good idea as I don't want to snap the existing nipple trying to remove it.

http://www.moto-racing.co.uk/item--Single-Banjo-Bolt-With-Bleed-Nipple--Banjo+Single+Nipple.html

mick:
Looks like a good idea, you could be our guinea pig and report back after you have fitted it  ;D  ;) cheers Mick.

Dave M:
I think I'll have to replace the brake hoses first as the metal pipe that connects to the caliper doesn't have a banjo fitting.

matthewmosse:
Yep, one of the 550k3's I had (stiil got, in bits) had one fitted, was once chrome but now just gungy looking but works well, far better then potentially wrecking the caliper by trying to extract the offending bit of metal. I've one caliper where last owner managed to break the alloy castinging exposing the thread down the side of the blled nipple. Possible to get welded if I was desperate..........
Bonus is the complete hose system can be replaced with 1 length of braided stainless (or 2 if you feel the need to keep the front brake switch) You can also get banjos with a brake switch built in wich work a treat.

SteveD CB500K0:
My "Silver Machine" 500 has a single braided front line.

As long as your back brake light works, this is not an MOT issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version