SOHC.co.uk Forums > SOHC Singles & Twins

Early 70’s CB250

(1/9) > >>

Andych:
It would appear that laying around in Rehab hospital isn’t good for my wallet....
An ad came up on Facebook Marketplace for this bike and I thought I will go back to that later on and message the seller...
Went down to Physio and after being tortured for an hour or so came back to my room and started looking for the ad again....could not find it.
I eventually gave up and even told my better half it was lucky I couldn’t find it as I would have bought it...
Guess what jumped up into my feed again later on in the afternoon....😊
After talking with the seller on the phone I transferred some $$ and the bike is now mine... I just have to wait till I am able to drive 600km to pick it up.
My wife wasn’t even upset over it...too bad if she had been as I had already paid for it by the time she got here to see me...
While pictures don’t show the full story it is all there...and at A$250 I think I got myself a bargain. [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

SteveD CB500K0:
Bryan will chip in with his thoughts on the G5 :)

Bryanj:
No i wont there are not enough asterisks and exclamation marks to hide the rude words!

Andych:
Haha...is mine a G5 though? What I looked up showed the G5 as having a disc brake and was apparently de-tuned??
Anyway, I had one when I went for my license originally in 74 and I loved it... nice set of Dunstall mufflers gave it a nice note.
Granted I was a good 30 plus kg lighter and my memory may well be clouded..but they are few and far between here as most have been poorly chopped about as Cafe Racers and rattle can painted flat black... so good condition non butchered items get good $$$

Bryanj:
G5 tank and cyl head, somebody has fitted an earlier front fork/wheel

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version