Author Topic: 750 F2 carb/choke assembly  (Read 388 times)

Offline SumpMagnet

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
750 F2 carb/choke assembly
« on: November 03, 2018, 10:47:51 PM »
You know when you do something REALLY dumb...and I mean really...really dumb...

Trying to reassemble my carbs back onto the back plate and hook up the choke spindles etc. Well...I have got myself into a stupid mess.

I took pictures of hte springs and hte area where the 2 halves of the choke spindle join before I took everything apart. It was a bit fiddly, and I knew I would need references to put it back together. Especially as all the manuals and reference works I have seem to only show the earlier carbs...not the later F2 fitments.

Well...can I find the pictures? No I cannot. Cleared them off the phone without dropping them on the PC, or deleted a folder on the computer...I have no idea. I also have no pictures.

Is there anyone out there with the later style carbs as fitted to the F2 who could take a pic of the area at the back of the carbs between 2 and 3 .... where the choke spindles meet and the collection of little springs live that hold the choke flaps open? I need to fdigure out hte spring locations and the way the 2 halves link together.

I feel such a fool!
CB750F2 - in pieces
CB900F Hornet - the daily transport

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: 750 F2 carb/choke assembly
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 09:03:28 AM »
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Is this any use from F2 manual?

The golden rule for things lost is that they always turn up,  after, you really need them :)

Offline SumpMagnet

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: 750 F2 carb/choke assembly
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 02:29:17 PM »
Many thanks :)

That looks really like exactly what I need :)

Brilliant
CB750F2 - in pieces
CB900F Hornet - the daily transport

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal