Author Topic: Chroming by Marquerestore Coventry  (Read 837 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Chroming by Marquerestore Coventry
« on: November 13, 2018, 07:57:31 AM »
Saw these guys at Stafford show in October and the regular bloke I use wasn't there, so decided to give these a try.
I normally try to give chromers the best possible examples I can but in this case the parts were CB500K0 and rocket horse poo to find in perfect condition so less than ideal condition parts to start with.

I explained to the guy on the stand that the rear guard was slightly dished where the lamp bracket mounts ( they are all usually like that) even though I had attempted to beat it out ( really difficult 'cos there is a reinforcement piece spot welded piece underneath that area) and to just does his best, as it was hardly noticeable once the lamp bracket is mounted on. Got the stuff back yesterday, which is  a bit less than the delivery he quoted me of 6 weeks, and he has somehow managed to almost eliminate the 'dishing' so I am well chuffed. As usual, slightly blingy but I have seen a lot worse. Return shipping was a tad expensive but he insured the contents for £2,000 and items were superbly packed in thick heat sealed polythene. Pic not brilliant as I took it on my ancient phone but you get the idea.

Not sure if prices were 'show specials' as, looking on their website, the prices seem higher on there but I paid £123 +VAT for all 4 items which sounds spot on to me (I think the rear guard was quoted at £65 + VAT). Shipping was £23+VAT but the fuel alone for me to pick up would have been more than that and if courier had lost them at least I was well covered. Very professional company to deal with ...good comms and absolutely no chasing needed.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

http://www.marquerestore.co.uk/
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 08:00:34 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Laverda Dave

• SOHC Jedi
  • Health is wealth
    • View Profile
Re: Chroming by Marquerestore Coventry
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 08:35:35 AM »
That's a good price Ash especially considering the turn around time and you didn't need to chase. Very shiny 😎. Good website as well. I'll need to give them a call when I am ready to re- nickle plate the Rickman frame (if I ever get around to it!).
1976 Honda 400/4
1977 Rickman Honda CR750
1999 Honda VFR 800FX
1955 750 Dresda Triton
1978 Moto Morini 350 Sport
1978 Honda CB400/4 'Rat' bike
1982 Laverda 120 Jota

Offline Rob62

• SOHC Pro
  • ZZR1100D9, CB750K4, RD250F, NSR250MC21, RD350YPVS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 08:02:41 PM »
Looks like a nice job for a very reasonable price   8)

Offline Allington (Steve)

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 11:00:14 AM »
Saw those guys there and the S&T guys too.
"A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing..."

FS1E - RD200 - CB500 - Norton Commando - Z900

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal