SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

Kreem disaster... what am I going to do?

(1/3) > >>

alessandro:
Hi guys!
I did a complete disaster with the Kreem liner. It’s my first motorbikes abd I am a newbie... please be patient with me!

There are loads of conversation about it on internet but I want to ask you an advice on this specific case. I basically didn’t drain the excess completely out as the petcok filter remained inside.

My tank on one side now look like in the picture.

I would like to ask you if once completely dried there’s no risk for my tank or I think would be better to remove the liner completely with acetone?

Thanks in advance

Trigger:
Liners do not work in my book, they always fail and block the carbs  ;)

alessandro:
Thnks Trigger. I’ve been given a wrong advice. So you suggest to take it out with acetone? Can I fill the tank with fuel after I’ve drained the acetone and Kreem out? I am worried about the rust as well.

heliwilly:
I bought a tank that had been badly dealed with POR15. The internal filter was bunged up and the liner had started to peel away, it had been that badly done.
Frost restorations who are an agent for POR15 suggested I use POR Strip C225, which is basically an industrial strength paint stripper. I would think Acetone will work as well, but never tried it.
Bill W.

alessandro:
Thanks Bill. Much appreciated. For 14L tank can you advise on the quantity of POR C225?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version