Author Topic: CB250/350 Silencers  (Read 511 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
CB250/350 Silencers
« on: November 30, 2018, 09:35:44 PM »
I have four CB250/350s and for about 8 years I have been trying to collect NOS pipes for them. I now have NOS 4 RH's and one NOS  left hand and  also a pair un-chromed  ones that were specially made for me by Britura (member on here). Dave Silver has one NOS 'special order' LH one (so it's probably from CMS anyway) at a cool £800 inc. VAT. He does do pattern ones but I think they look naff as the seams are way too big compared with the originals.

Anyway, today I bought  two damaged LH NOS Genuine ones but they are are the welded together silencer/down-pipe type (mega rare 1968 only). One has a perfect down-pipe but slightly dented silencer. The other has a perfect silencer but badly surface rusted down-pipe. Been 'experimenting' tonight with a scrap one-piece exhaust with a view to removing the  rusted down-pipe from to silencer section of one of my NOS ones,  so that I can re-chrome the down-pipe and use a clamp to join the two together (this is how it was done on the post early '69 onwards bikes).

Anyone done anything like this on Honda pipes?

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal