SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

1976 CB550F1 (what have I let myself in for) Project

<< < (2/81) > >>

Nurse Julie:
You probably know anyway but be careful using any type of punch on the float pins, the towers snap for fun 😪😪😪

mickwinf:
use some heat on the post pins and be very careful. I have some carb bodies if you need one if i have the correct one, what number carb is it?

eight0:

--- Quote from: mickwinf on December 03, 2018, 09:53:27 PM ---use some heat on the post pins and be very careful. I have some carb bodies if you need one if i have the correct one, what number carb is it?

--- End quote ---

Ok I'll give some heat a go.
The one with the deterioration is the third one in from the left of the bike. The one with the stuck pin is the first one on the left. Not sure how the numbering order goes

mickwinf:
i have a set with one carb worse than yours, i think on mine it was the end one but cant remember which one, will check and let you know. they are numbered from the left side of bike as you sit on it, the carb with the choke control is number 1.

Seabeowner:
Some solvent first and then +1 on the gentle heat. I use a flattened off nail and a light taps with a tiny 2-3oz hammer. That is about the most moth eaten main jet tower I've seen. Always on US bikes, I've not seen much of it on UK bikes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version