SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

Tyre choices

(1/2) > >>

350ducati:
My 500 is nearing being ready for the MOT, maybe at the end of this week...

Anyway the rear tyre is a tubeless (fitted with a tube) "KINGS-TIRE" 110/90/18. Plenty of tread with quite a modern tread pattern.

Front is a rather retro looking Avon Speedmaster Mk2, 3.25-19, legal tread but i dont feel ill have much confidence in it.

What are my options for a good sticky modern tyre? i presume the rear will stay a 110/90 and the front equivalent 100/90/19?

Bryanj:
Best Handling 3.60 H 19 Dunlop TT100 and 4.10 H18 Dunlop TT100 but dont expect a long life out of the rear, If you aint earolin it Metzeller 3.50/19  ribbed front (ME11?) and 4.00/18 ME33 rear 

z1100r:
Best by a mile are Bridgstone BT45's....

matthewmosse:
I've done many miles with them odd looking Avon things. I agree they look rather............ well, uninspiring. But I never had any issues once I was rolling, I even had a set on my bmw r80 (same size tyre bigger bike) Handling was really good so no real worries. I have had problems with peoples equivalent modern sizes witch have turned up an been a bit on the wide side to fit the bike. Dunlop TT100 was a good fit and lasted well.

florence:
I must say that I am very impressed with Avon tyres.  I have a speedmaster on the front and a SM on the rear.  They seem to work really well wet or dry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version