SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

CB 550 restoration

(1/2) > >>

Chris whit:
Hi Guys , not posted on the 550 section of this forum before as I’ve got a 400 four , but a good friend of mine has had a reasonably good condition 78 CB550 that he acquired 2 years ago . He originally bought it for a restoration project but has never got round to it and is too busy to complete. I’ve had a quick took at it today and everything is intact and original except the colour and its got a four into one exhaust.
He asked me if there is any of you guys that recommend or would like to restore this bike for him . I think the engine is ok but the carbs may need attention . He would like a full restoration and I’ve told him he would be looking at 2 to 4Kto get this bike to original condition . Might be a good winter project for some cash for any of you 550 guys out there .

Bryanj:
550 k3? Carbs are a nightmare and original exhausts none existent, apart from that easy to work on.

Chris whit:
Thanks Bryant , do you fancy a project this winter . I would of took it on myself but I’ve got a Z1 and Z1000 that I’ve got to finish by spring .

Bryanj:
Not really mate, got to get back to real work to pay the mortgage. Just waiting for DVLA to extricate their digit, unless they have changed the rules again!!

deltarider:

--- Quote from: Bryanj on December 09, 2018, 07:36:26 PM ---550 k3? ... and original exhausts none existent, ...

--- End quote ---
Belgium seems to have them: http://www.gp-classics.be/onderdeeltype/uitlaten/
€ 1082,- only... bargain  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version