Author Topic: Snowman  (Read 774 times)

Offline philward

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Snowman
« on: December 25, 2018, 01:23:19 PM »
Just away in a cottage for Christmas and watching the original Snowman on the tele - my wife said whats that bike the Snowman is riding - and its a CB72/77! My wife said only you would find a technical detail in a kids animation - I said I think I know a few others who would know (thats you lot by the way!)
Didn't get a decent side on picture quickly enough
Current Bikes:-
Honda CB750K2 (1975)
Honda CB500K2 (12/1972)
Honda CR750 Replica (1972)
Honda CB350K0 (1969)
Kawasaki ZZR1100D3 (1995)
Kawasaki ZZR250 (1990) Project (Going on eBay ASAP)

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
Re: Snowman
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 02:12:57 PM »
I don't know how you could miss something like that.  Women!

So I asked one of my pupils who just passed the test and wants to get a car.
Me:  "What car have you got your eye on?"
Her:  "I don't know what make it is but it's blue"
Me:  "Oh yes, a good choice "
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 02:30:16 PM »
But everybody knows red cars are faster.

Offline MCTID

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 01:36:54 PM »
You lot will like this.......my Ex Wife never liked driving to places she hadn't been before......he 'piece de la resistance' was driving from Blackpool to Manchester, when she never twigged during the 4 hour journey that anything was untoward......it was only when she had passed Aintree Racecourse for the second time that she realised 'all was far from well' ! 

She also planned her routes locally so that she had to make the minimum right hand turns - as they made her nervous !

I'm happy to say that she's still terrorising other innocent road users, and I'm happier that I live 50 miles away !

Happy Boxing Day to you all.......enjoy your Turkey Stew/ Curry/ Dinner/ Sandwiches etc etc etc.
Now: 2008 CB1300S, CB750K4, 1970 Bonneville. Various other 1960's 650 Triumph T120's/ TR6's/ TR6C's (all in bits...many, many bits unfortunately). Previous: 2007 CB600FA, 1976 CB500 Four. BMW F800ST. GS750E. ZZR1100. CB1300 (2). ZXR1200S. VFR800. CB750 Nighthawk. CX500. XS500 Yam. Suzuki GT500. BSA A10. Various Lambrettas. Zundapp Bella (honest).

Offline MarkCR750

• Professional half wit and member
  • SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 05:08:31 PM »
The best driver I have ever been a passenger to was a woman, swift, safe, decisive, I know a couple of other women that are very good, but the larger majority of women that I have been passenger to are appalling drivers, why?, we’ll the good ones I’ve mentioned above had one thing in common, they were all into cars, enjoyed driving, the bad ones had no interest whatsoever, no mechanical sympathy, just bloody terrifying tbh, when one swapped lanes without indicating or looking and chopped another driver up she then began ranting at him as though he’d done something wrong!, I don’t think it’s the drivers sex that matters when it comes to driving competence, I think it’s how interested they are in what they are doing.
Suzuki GT250A (Nostalgia)
1977 K7 CR750 (lookalike, what of I’m not sure)
Ducati 900SS (Soul & Speed)
Ducati M900 Monster (Handling & character)
Thruxton 1200 (suits me)
James Captain 197 (pure adrenaline, i.e. no brakes!)
"Eff yir gitten awvestear yir gooin te farst"
Sir J.Stewart.

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 07:06:48 PM »
I think you are onto something there. I'm fine on bikes and happy to rack up long distances, high mileages in 1 hit etc. Put me in a car, I dont want to go further than 60 miles and hate every minute. Poor view and other drivers and so on in cars I just dont really like being in them. However I live in a pretty rural area with single track or narrow 2 lane roads. Every year we get the wrc rally passing through. They ( the fans, not as a rule the actual rally drivers  - though one of those forgot what side of the road he was meant to be on and killed some poor woman and unborn child a few years back) are some of the worst drivers on the roads. They have no idea of how wide they are. Those and the new  4x4 with no mud on it brigade seem to think hedges need 2 foot clearance, result oncoming cars need to jump hedges to get past. Having driven one of these after the woman driving it blindly followed her sat nav up our no though road and 200 yards past the last turning space I can see why they avoid hedges so very much, alarm bells alert you to every nettle or bramble within a meter and shriek most alarmingly as you brush past. I hate the idea of having a car that does that. I ended up reversing her car back down to the house and turning g round for her. Ironically my landrover could easily turn up at the top where shed got stuck, in a 4x4 some 20x the cost of our old banger.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal