Author Topic: Jota ace bars and switchgear wiring dilemma  (Read 597 times)

Offline billdn

• SOHC Expert
  • never ever buy a basket case again!
    • View Profile
Jota ace bars and switchgear wiring dilemma
« on: January 03, 2019, 05:59:52 PM »
At the risk of upsetting the purists I'm making my rebuild into a cafĂ© racer ish type project . I've fitted jota bars from TEC parts and they appear good quality HOWEVER the original 400/4 switches and associated wiring go through the handlebars and the jota bars are solid  ..hmm! I cant seem to find alternative switches especially for the push/pull throttle mechanism so the only conclusion appears to be drill a hole in the side/bottom of the switch as fits, disassemble the wiring (previous threads on switches duly noted!) and run the wires on the surface somehow once exiting the switch  - unless of course anyone knows better!. It's too late to change my mind as other mods have been already done so don't say don't do it! I know the hole will risk water getting in but perhaps a carefully applied sealant might do the job.

Online Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Jota ace bars and switchgear wiring dilemma
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 06:17:29 PM »
Dont wreck decent originals as they are expensive to replace, i am sure somebody on here has some tatty used ones to modify.

Offline billdn

• SOHC Expert
  • never ever buy a basket case again!
    • View Profile
Re: Jota ace bars and switchgear wiring dilemma
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 06:20:34 PM »
Cheers Bryan- it's tatty ones I'm using that I know were ok when removed. Painting them could be fun though!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal