Author Topic: CB650Z  (Read 5688 times)

paulythom

CB650Z
« on: February 25, 2004, 10:59:06 AM »
hi does my CB650Z count on this site.if so can anyone help with starter problems.the starter motor has been cleanedthe brushes seem OK.but mostly it just whirrs over.It is often accompanied by various clangs and clonks,if it does eventually start it,s usually OK when it, hot...       if it's the starter clutch does anyone know what it's like to fix..help!!!!!!please  cheers...paul

martin.g.g

RE:CB650Z
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 03:00:31 AM »
Sounds like the starter clutch. If its the same type as my Suzuki Gs1000 and Honda 550 you should find that the stater motor is engaged by a either where the started motor shaft is inserted into the engine, or if the engine is linked to the starter motor by a chain. The way thess clutches work is usually by 3 rollers gripping onto the shaft held in tension by springs. When the engine fires central fugal force moves the rollers awy from the shaft thus disengaging the starter motor. The noises you describe are clasic symotoms that one or mor of the rollers/srings have become damaged or stuck. You will need to to strip out the starter clutch and examin for damage. If you have an e-mail address I can send you a copy of the page Haines manual that describes and shows the function of the CB400/500/550 repair and examination.

Wish's

Martin

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal