Author Topic: Spotted this cb500 custom earlier. Interesting features  (Read 648 times)

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Spotted this cb500 custom earlier. Interesting features
« on: January 11, 2019, 11:40:56 PM »
https://www.sinrojamotorcycles.co.uk/copy-of-sinroja-motorcycles-r4
I've been clearing my tip of a workshop onto Ebay recently and these guys have bought a few bits of airhead BMW, curiosity got the better of me so I googled their website and found amongst the airhead things a cb500 and a cb550. Some interesting engineering going on, and a determination seemingly to make something from not a lot. Custom cams, cb500 with a 650 head ( I must admit I have a half done one of those in my shed but with a stock cam. ) I thought it looked like an interesting variation on the type.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline SumpMagnet

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Spotted this cb500 custom earlier. Interesting features
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 12:52:34 AM »
It's a very clean and tidy build...probably helped by the complete replacement of the rear frame rather than just tacking a loop on. Keeps the lines.

Don't get those tyres though. Very pretty and retro ...but...I ride my bikes....and I want the rubber to do a job.

Also hate the low level number plate idea, and the absence of any rear light I can see and no number plate light means your gonna get rear ended riding round my neck of the congested woods. I'd like the bars a bit more angled down....but hey. I like the look they got.

Best of all...they have put another old Honda together...even if it was made from bits and pieces.
CB750F2 - in pieces
CB900F Hornet - the daily transport

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 07:46:00 AM »
Where are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 09:20:02 AM »
Liececester based. The bits that caught my eye on this mord than anything else are the things that do to modify the engines on cb500 and 550, I think one of the bikes in progress is a cb550 with race cams an nitus oxide. Not really my cup of tea but it might well lead to another potential fix for various bits if these guys have the kit, contacts and know how to fix engine parts. When it comes to cb500/4 modifications to the styling it would take some work to convince me the standard bike needs much doing to it.  For me they are one of the prettiest bikes out there, perfectly proportioned for my comfort, looks great. Mine will never carry 4 into 4 pipes but I do like them too. Just not enough to spend the money and they get in the way of sidecars. I still like to look at customs and they have built this one up out of all manner of bits so haven't botched a classic. 550 frame, 500 bottom end,  650 top end. I like that can do approach
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline Laverda Dave

• SOHC Jedi
  • Health is wealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 11:22:31 AM »
Very nice build and good to see use being made of parts  that would otherwise be lying on a shelf never to be used. Nice also they haven't taken a perfectly good stock bike and cut it up.
1976 Honda 400/4
1977 Rickman Honda CR750
1999 Honda VFR 800FX
1955 750 Dresda Triton
1978 Moto Morini 350 Sport
1978 Honda CB400/4 'Rat' bike
1982 Laverda 120 Jota

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 12:03:51 PM »
If you look at their other CB Sohc cb550 bike that's gone radically different, mono shock rear springs. I thinkd it's still a work in progress and it would be nice to see more pictures.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal