SOHC.co.uk Forums > The Black Bomber Board

CB450K0 valve stem seals

(1/2) > >>

royhall:
Anyone know if there is an alternative valve stem seal that can be used on the CB450K0 black bomber.

These are only umbrella type seals that don't fit to the valve guide, I have 4 of the later type but they fit to the later type valve guide.

The originals are virtually gone except for CSM who want £72 for 4 little rubber discs. May have to pay that price in the end but that's got to be the biggest rip off price on the build so far.

Pretty sure there must be an alternative from another model. Anybody know. Cheers.

Bryanj:
Would it be cheaper to fit the later guides and use the current seals?

royhall:
Too late Bryan. New guides are already fitted and valve seats redone and new valves lapped in. If only I had realised the difference at the start it would have been a great idea.

MrDavo:
When I rebuilt the CL450 engine I had a similar fit of the vapours when I saw the CMS price, but there really was no option I could see.

AshimotoK0:
Hmm can't see any seals in my 1966  450K0 Part Book on Dropbox links on here but 292 seals on K1 parts list on CMS site.

Or am I missing something? What's the P/No Roy ...it would have to be 283 part not 292 for the K0 Bomber (or possibly an earlier model Honda common part)

-----

Update: OK I think I see it now its a cap  14791-283-0xx ... something here about it https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/55-engine-discussion/41984-cb450-valve-guide-cap-replacement.html

Seems Nigel Harris who is a UK guy with a UK K0 Bomber is using 14791-319-005 with success ... I know he totally rebuilt his top enda couple of years ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version