Author Topic: My 550f,  (Read 1270 times)

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
Re: My 550f,
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2019, 01:32:23 PM »
ah sorry. do you want me to go back and edit it? if i can

I don't know if you can.

I could but only by downloading each image and re-attaching it using the different style.

Steve
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline vraksianrebel

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2019, 01:35:13 PM »
Yeah the rear brake lever is an odd one its really bent but seems to work, sadly the missing bits are the first annoyance. little things that really annoy me like the starter push button has been removed? is that even something that i can replace? the wires are all still there just going to nothing.
the biggest annoyance is that whoever robbed the rubbers connecting the carbs and the plastic airbox have obviously levered them off both sides and slightly bent the carb mouth on both sides. i am going to have to try and sort that out once the weather isn't quite as cold.

Steve i tried and it really doesn't seem possible without just deleting and redoing the posts.

Offline vraksianrebel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2019, 01:38:35 PM »
[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

trying again

Offline vraksianrebel

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2019, 01:42:09 PM »
[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

hopefully thats worked a bit better

Offline vraksianrebel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2019, 01:48:46 PM »
so the list of what i can see if missing is
clutch lever
ignition barrel (already ordered one)
starter push button
Tacho
brake master reservoir cap
right foot pegs (already got a replacement front, didn't realise the rear was missing as well)
rear indicators (i have the rear indicators from my old Brazilian CG125 that look like they might match so need to check that)
air box lid
whatever connects the airbox to the carbs
side panels.

4 million other little bits i haven't noticed yet.

step one is going to be ultrasonic bath for the carbs and linkage i think

Online Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2019, 02:51:25 PM »
You are lucky the carb to airbox rubbers are same as 500 and available pattern. Start button is the complicated switch i would get a UK switch so you can turn the lights off, the switch you have has a big plastic bit inside so the lights are turned off when the button is pushed, there is someone in US 3d printing the plastic bit that breaks but you still need the button and connectors which cant be got. Most of the rest should be readily available look at cmsnl for parts diagrams and numbers

Online mickwinf

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2019, 04:03:36 PM »
i have an airbox lid and a mastercylinder top, i think also i have some rear footrests and have some indicators but not sure what fixes them to the grabrail
Love the 500 and 550 have a 500 called Lazarus under restoration

Online mickwinf

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2019, 05:10:48 PM »
Just had a quick look in the garage and i have got a pair of rear footrests, a mastercylinder top, a couple of decent indicators but no brackets, and an airfilter top. I also have some switches that you could canibalise to fix your starter and also possibly convert to uk spec.

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2019, 07:42:53 PM »
Sweet little bike, not much rust, nice find. Shame about the dented carbs, best not try to bend that back until its warm at the least, really I suspect they'd benefit from annealing before bending back... bit of a risk they'd split. I might be tempted to see if they will seal like that rather than risk a cracked carb. The rest of the faults are fairly easily put right, then see if it's a runner..... I take it, that it turns over ok.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline vraksianrebel

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2019, 11:57:50 PM »
Mick awesome news I’ll send you a private message.

Yeah it’s a bugfer about the carbs, they aren’t badly bent so I suspect it will seal as is id just prefer them to be round if I can sort it

Offline vraksianrebel

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2019, 02:56:53 PM »
Ah, one of the carbs is totally ruined. Does anyone have a right hand side outer carb? [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Offline vraksianrebel

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2019, 03:40:03 PM »
so I think ideally I need to replace the two outer carbs. The right side is destroyed and the left is just bent enough I think it’ll  struggle to seal

Online mickwinf

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2019, 11:03:08 PM »
guess who might have them?

Offline vraksianrebel

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2019, 08:10:42 AM »
Ah mick, you’re proving to be an absolute life saver I’ll send you another pm