Author Topic: some spares up for offer  (Read 2545 times)

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
some spares up for offer
« on: June 09, 2008, 11:03:31 AM »
Hi All, I'm moving bits aroud in the shed and have decided sort through a bit and prune the spares down a bit. I have a almost complete cb550/k3 in bits that I'm considering breaking if there's enough interest. (it's already in bits but I know everythings there somewhere as I used to ride it) Also I've many more battery box/ trays then I'll ever need, ditto for the plastic box that contains the air filter and the plastic chamber that sits behind the carbs. Sorry but if you're after the airbox to carb rubbers then You'd have to offer silly money as they are too hard to get hold of. I've probably got a few other odds and sods to clear out so if you pm me I'll keep my eyes peeled as I go through. Nothings going to be nos or anything near but there are a fair few serviceable parts hoarded away.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline Dave M

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: some spares up for offer
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 05:43:57 PM »
Do you have the complete headlamp?

The shell on mine has been butchered for some reason and I'd like to to replace it. Also, my headlamp is a sealed beam unit which isn't very good.

Does the K3 have a headlamp with a replaceable bulb?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 11:13:02 PM by Dave M »
Dave
Melbourne.

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 08:30:53 AM »
Hi, I cirtainly have a plastic headlight shell surplus, K3 uses replaceable halogen (pt45 bulbs I think) same as the 500/4 etc. At the moment it's too early to say if there is enough interest to warrant breaking the bike (550) but I may have a non original headlight (cibie, I'm told) to fit the shell. I'll sort thru whats there to check condition etc and get back to you with a price.
I'll sort thru as I go and see if I have the rims etc. There are basically 4, mostly original bikes stripped to restore so I'll be needing to sort each bike into a 'pile'/ box then decide their fate, ie break, rebuild close as pos original speck, or possible special. I'll be keeping one lot of good parts at least as spares for my runner as this normally gets used as daily transport. So far i can add to the surplus pile, sumps, black or alloy, and electrics mounting plate for under left side panel.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline Dave M

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 10:13:38 AM »
Replaceable Halogen bulbs sound good.  After market Cibie sounds OK if that's got replaceable bulbs and will fit OK.
Dave
Melbourne.

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 08:38:17 AM »
Will get back to you when headlights found properly. I know they are there but seem to recall there may have been an issue around if the cibie fits using the various rims I have. Currently headlights are under a 1 tonne sheet metal bender and behind 2 power hacksaws and an arc welder :-[ At lest they will be safe from stuff being dropped on them, just sad that they are also safe from me looking through them too. DOH! I'll let you know when I get there, in the meantime feel free to keep looking elsewhere.
Cheers Matt

Offline Dave M

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 07:01:35 PM »
Cheers Matt.

I'm away on Holiday from the 20th so if I don't reply I haven't forgotten.
Dave
Melbourne.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal