SOHC.co.uk Forums > The Black Bomber Board

Bomber exhaust cams

(1/5) > >>

royhall:
Just sorting through and cleaning the Bomber engine parts and on inspection one of the exhaust cam lobes has some pitting. Got the best pictures I could manage. What's the best way forward with this as they are rocking horse, or is it okay to re-use? The problem is quite common on these as the oil flow to the exhaust cam is low. Or a long shot, has anyone got a spare exhaust cam in good condition for an early Black Bomber engine that they would be willing to sell.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Bryanj:
If you want to go racing possibly re profile, if its going to be a fair eeather queen(or king) like i am it will probably be OK. I seem to remember that the cams are NOT hardened as the followers are plated hard

MrDavo:
If you can't find anything better (I saw a couple for sale from breakers on US eBay when I needed one) I have one that is perfect other than damage to the flange that holds the damper ring in place, see my CL450 restoration thread for details and photos.

It would be fine if you were prepared to risk the damper rubber escaping, I wasn't but it's your call.

Laverda Dave:
Newman Cams in Kent can repair that. Ask for Mike Newman. I think I paid £27/lobe for my CB250RSA cam last year.

royhall:
Thanks for the help guys. I have sent an email to Newman Cams to see what can be done. At this point I may as well fix the problem correctly. Will let you know what they say and what the costs are. Cheers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version