SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

1978 400f - part project

(1/7) > >>

blackeagles:
i cannot say this is a real project, not when i have seen some of the work many of you folks have been taking on, but for what it work this is mine.

this bike was (i believe) restored/part restored sometime in the early 2010's and since 2012 to when i got it it had been arround on the road and covered some 2200 miles in 6 years so not exactly a total rust bucket.

anyway, it had some bits from other bikes, loose sprockets, broken panels, various odd sized screws  and the like so i have been putting 'good' second hand parts on it where possible (i'm not into concourse or even repro if i can help it) and have just finished the carbs, fitted them, twisted the grip a bit and was rewarded with the cable snapping!!

as far as i'm concerned the 'rolling chassis' is all but finished and hopefully the engine will be ok!! since its been ridden until recently - some hope i suspect.

Johnwebley:
Hey.it's a project. It requires rebuilding. Thought and application.
It's looking good so.enjoy.
When you get it running. The feeling is wonderful

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Nurse Julie:
Great work. As long as it is ridden, it really doesn't matter which bits are correct and which bits aren't. Nothing really matters as long as it goes well.

Sprocket:
Nice to see another one being made to work again!

paul G:
Welcome to another 400/4 :D

What was the result of that pole recently !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version