SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

CB350F Rusteration

<< < (2/19) > >>

Moorey:

--- Quote from: gtmdriver on February 03, 2019, 03:52:29 PM ---Exactly what I've done with mine.

I've repainted the coloured panels, fitted a new exhaust and rear spring/dampers, reconditioned the forks, swinging arm, wheel bearings and brakes and fitted electronic ignition and an electronic regulator but the frame, engine and chromework is all untouched. I just want to ride it rather than restore it.

--- End quote ---

That all looks very nice.  Are the exhausts repo's from Silvers

matthewmosse:
Very nice, that's how to make the most of a bike that's pretty reasonable. Looks lovely without spending an absolute fortune.

gtmdriver:

--- Quote from: moorey on February 03, 2019, 08:54:37 PM ---
--- End quote ---

That all looks very nice.  Are the exhausts repo's from Silvers
[/quote]

They are repros but not from Silvers. 5 or 6 sets turned up on eBay a couple of years back for around £800 so I grabbed a set.

kevski:
Don't blame you for not doing a restoration as it takes away the originality, my own has a wonderful patina that cannot be replicated, and parts that needed replacing done.

Moorey:
Coils, horn, and ignition switch back on. Harness and connectors cleaned up. New brake pads come today so moved to the front and end up getting distracted with the bent headlight bracket which is throwing the indicator and reflector forward and stands out like a sore thumb when you look at it

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version