SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

CB350F Rusteration

<< < (18/19) > >>

Moorey:
Just ordered some before I put the post on, but the offer is appreciated thanks Julie.

Nurse Julie:

--- Quote from: moorey on March 22, 2019, 09:34:15 PM ---Just ordered some before I put the post on, but the offer is appreciated thanks Julie.

--- End quote ---
Trigger has been in the outside workshop for ½ hour, with a torch to find a bag of them for you. He has to use a torch as there are so many lights in the workshop, he can't afford to put them on just to look for some bits of rubber. He says that's the last bloody time he offers to help you.........only joking, no probs Chris, just glad you got sorted.

Moorey:
I don't blame him I'd tell me to knackers as well in the future.  ;)

Moorey:
Cleaned the carbs in the ultra sonic bath fit new carb kits and bench synced the carbs whilst the carbs were cooking I put a new valve stem seal on the inlet side. It really is a piece of piss to do using the rope method. Put the carbs back on the bike and had a ride to Sherburn in Elmet today a 50mls round trip. Much much improved, still the odd misfire now and then which feels more electrical than fuel or maybe me just not revving it enough and been lazy with the gears.  I am still on the original points and condensers which were on the bike when I got it. I let the old girl get a bit of wind up her nostrils and saw 90 on the clock before I ran out of road so its not doing too bad. I would happily set off anywhere on it now.
When I put the carbs back on every carb overflowed and no amount of tapping on the bowls would stop them until I turned the fuel off added a bit of 2stroke oil to the tank and started the bike with the fuel turned off then after a minute or so turned on the fuel and run the engine until it got warmed through and they have been fine since.
Ps I think the exhaust looks a lot better now , I might lift it at the back end a little more yet as its not hard to do.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Nurse Julie:
For what its worth, i think the exhaust looks just spot on where you have it now Chris.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version