SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

1967 CB450K0 Black Bomber Rebuild - By Royhall

<< < (2/95) > >>

Sgt.Pinback:
another great project here on sohc.uk

Will follow this with interrest

Laverda Dave:
It's going to be a good read Roy so I'mooking forward to it.

royhall:
As I'm struggling for space in the garage at the moment I thought I would start with the engine. Doesn't take up too much space and it's the most expensive lump to do so will be nice to get out of the way. Took a few tools round to the lock-up where the bike is kept and yanked out the engine. It's now that the true state of the bike becomes clear.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Pretty grotty I think. Beats me why we do this to ourselves really. Anyway the bike will remain in the lock-up for now until I can clear my garage of other ongoing projects. After busting a gut to get the engine into the car, it was transported from the car to the garage in a wheelbarrow. I cannot believe how heavy this engine is for a 450 twin, had to roll it onto the bench. Anyway, stripdown time now but that's for the next thrilling episode.

MrDavo:

--- Quote ---Beats me why we do this to ourselves really.
--- End quote ---

Keeps us off the streets I suppose.

If you have a CB750 engine stand (I have a Trigger one) it will fit straight in as the engine mounting bolt spacing is the same. Now there's an idea for a special, you could have a four pot Bomber (good luck when you get to a corner) or a CB750 with a twin engine...  :o :o :o

royhall:
Must fit the later models better Dave. Tried my 750 Trig stand, it was close but not close enough to use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version