Author Topic: 1967 CB450K0 Black Bomber Rebuild - By Royhall  (Read 8101 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• SOHC Jedi
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: 1967 CB450K0 Black Bomber Rebuild - By Royhall
« Reply #195 on: September 13, 2020, 11:25:59 AM »
Those repaired seat hinges look interesting, what do you think the chances are of them staying together long term? You may get a request Ash to do my old ones just in case the rubbishy new ones don't work, mine are also falling to bits with parts coming off. Also, it's surprising how much information is contained in that little drawing of the cable runs, very helpful thanks.

Not sure Roy .. really need to mount my seat onto my  frame and try out but the PU is top notch stuff and is used in applications with permanent immersion in water. It all depends on the stength of the bonding though.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline MrDavo

• SOHC Master
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 14, 2020, 01:07:47 PM »
All looking very nice, Roy. I assume that the seat from Vietnam is the same firm that did my CL450 seat, a good likeness and fit, and they must be out of reach of Honda's lawyers, as they're not shy about using the lettering on the back of my seat. My only criticism was that Vietnamese imitation alligators must moisturise,  because genuine seats I have seen have a much coarser grain.

Speaking of crowded garages, here's mine, now the 911 has returned home.

I'm deliberately leaving the Z1A's back wheel and mudguard till last, because once fitted you won't be able to get past  any more. However being mobile will mean its a lot easier to try and fit the bike at an angle than it is now on the crate.
1969 Honda CL450 'Scrambler'
1974 Kawasaki Z1A (Project)
2005 Harley XL1200R Sportster

Offline Laverda Dave

• SOHC Master
  • Health is wealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 15, 2020, 10:47:37 AM »
Your garage is as bad as mine! The trouble with a garage is we tend to fill every spare inch of space with motorcycles  ::). I've bought a s/h roland drum kit to relive my mispent 'yoof' and that's in there now next to the Myford! I think the o/h is slowly moving me out of the house ;D
1976 Honda 400/4
1977 Honda 400/4
1981 Honda CB250RSA
1977 Rickman Honda CR750
1999 Honda VFR 800FX
1955 750 Dresda Triton
1978 Moto Morini 350 Sport
1982 Laverda 120 Jota
1924 Triumph 550SD
2012 Stanley Battery Drill

Offline royhall

• SOHC Master
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 20, 2020, 10:33:51 AM »
This morning I got the headlamp built up and fitted. The clocks were once again cleaned and checked over by Pete Horton who did his usual top job. We had a bit of a problem with the re-chromed bezel. When it was bent back over the clocks the chrome flaked off leaving sharp edges. I have smoothed it all down and painted the missing bits matt black same as the mounting rubber, then carefully filled the slight gap with clear silicone. I don't think it looks too bad.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

As the front end is now getting heavy for safety's sake it's time to get the bike onto it's centre stand. This involves chocking the front wheel so it cant run forwards or turn sideways, then whilst I lift the back end my glamorous assistant repositions the box underneath the swingarm. It's then quite safe to remove the temporary chocks. A system that I have done many times and it works well.

Nice to have bits ready to fit that are a mix of new and refurbished parts that are so clean you don't even need to wash your hands after. Hard to believe what these parts looked like back towards the start of this write up.

The stand and associated parts fitted straight on without any problems. Before fitting I decided to upgrade the rubber end blanking piece in the pivot pin with a grease nipple to make future maintenance a piece of cake. You can just see it on the left of the stand. The black wire hanging down is an extra live cable that will power the electronic ignition, just needs routing now the box is out of the way.

Next job to tackle is the fitting of the back end components, and getting the handlebars built up and fitted so it's easier if I have to move the bike.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 10:37:18 AM by royhall »
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
CB1300SA in Black
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
CB450K0 Black Bomber (current project)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal