General > New Member Introductions

newbie from yorkshire

(1/5) > >>

Andy1976:
Hi everyone I'm Andy from wakefield West Yorkshire.I'm restoring a CB750F1. I have had it recently rebored and I am starting to put the engine back together now that I have managed to find replacement pistons. Iam hoping to have it running for the Lotherton Hall show at the end of the month(27th july). This is my first restoration project and I will post some pictures as soon as I've sussed out how to do it.
                        See you soon, Andy

P.S. how co I check that the colour of my bike is original? It's blue and I don't think it's right.

MIKE550/4:
hello there

brand new here myself, got to say so far been very friendly and helpful

probably a better way of doing it but try this , pop your reg mark in and should give you original or at least registered colour

thanks mike

MIKE550/4:
http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/application;JSESSIONID_EvlPortalApp=L15PJzZGcJGP6QbFvs0bmJrtJ9vdQhwZVNfvHphH5gTlkbcHmkJx!-1306707376!-1168852789?origin=vnav_bar.jsp&event=bea.portal.framework.internal.refresh&pageid=Vehicle+Enquiry

Spitfire:
Hi Andy and welcome, my 1976 F1 was originally red but is now black due to me fitting and F2 tank and seat, the only colours that I have seen an F1 in are red and yellow, but there was a blue F2 so it may be an F2 tank. You can probably tell by the tank stripes the F1 has pin stripes rather that the big flash on the F2, and all F1's had grey side panels.

Cheers

Den

Andy1976:
Hi Mike + Den. I've tried the link that you posted and it is registered blue. On my tank there are no stripes at all, so it might have been re sprayed at some point. Also the side panels are the same colour  as the tank. I would post a picture for you to look at but I don't know how to do it. Thanks, Andy  ??? ??? ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version