SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

My Rickman CR750 Restoration

(1/6) > >>

SteveCR7:
I started restoring the CR recently and plan to get it running before stripping it down.  Have so far got the electrics working (sparks still to be verified), spare set of carbs sorted, oil drained (no nasties in the oil), oil tank and sump off for clean, cam cover off and top end looks good.

I have not made much progress in the last couple of weeks as I have been playing with diy zinc plating and softening inlet rubbers with wintergreen oil and alcohol (looking good so far).  A few pictures from back in the day and how she looks now.  I will keep you posted.

Steve

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

royhall:
She was a bit of a looker back in the day. What a fantastic project that is, the only way it could be any better would be for it to have a Z1 engine. That comment's going to get me in the s**t. ;D

SteveCR7:
Well, it was a bit of an impulse buy, I wasn't looking for one but it turned up in my local bike shop Bikewise in leigh on sea and having had a tuned SOHC before, I traded a mint GS1000 Suzuki.  For a while I thought what have I done, but it soon grew on me.

andy120t:
Looks great - so you've had it for some time then, just not running? Or just picked it up recently?

SteveCR7:
I have owned it since 1982 and ran it until 1990, when a house move liberated some funds and I brought a new vfr750, which meant the CR took a back seat. I have been wanting to sort it for a good few years but time and funds were limited. Kids have moved out now so it was time. It was also the mrs idea to get a big shed to work on it 😃

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version