Author Topic: PayPal eBay transactions no longer give buyer email address  (Read 912 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
PayPal eBay transactions no longer give buyer email address
« on: February 15, 2019, 09:10:08 AM »
Anyone else noticed PayPal eBay transactions no longer give buyer's email address.

I had an issue this week where I needed to ship to Sweden but shipping company needed recpients email address and contact telephone number. I sent buyer several messages but no reply then I started getting pesky messages from eBay telling me shipment is overdue.

I took this up with eBay but they said I needed to contact PayPal. Sent PayPal an email but no reply after 2 days so, in desperation,  just put my own email and telephone in the recipients details, in order to process the delivery.

Somebody suggested switching to PayPal classic view and that might state email address but I couldn't fathom out how to do that. I reckon it's  just eBay preventing you from directly contacting your buyer, even though the sale has gone through and they have got their fees/ commision. GRRR !
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 09:12:12 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Nurse Julie

• 1977 CB550/4 Mongrel Brat. 1974 UK 500/4 K1. Honda CD250u.
  • Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: PayPal eBay transactions no longer give buyer email address
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 09:54:26 AM »
I have just looked at Paypal for my email sales yesterday Ash and they all still show the buyers a address. I haven't changed any settings and I don't know what Classic or Normal view is or even what mine is set at  :-\ Did they ever show the email address?, I just click the contact button on Ebay to send the customer a message but that doesn't help if the buyer doesn't answer !!!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 09:59:16 AM by Nurse Julie »
LINK TO MY EBAY PAGE. As many of you know already, I give 10% discount and do post at cost to forum members if you PM me direct.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/julies9731/m.html?item=165142672569&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

LINK TO MY CB400/4 ENGINE STRIP / ASSESSMENT AND REBUILD...NOW COMPLETE
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,14049.msg112691/topicseen.html#new

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 01:13:22 PM »
Are you registered as a business or private Julie? That could make a difference. When I look back at sales from a few months ago the buyers email address was clearly given in the PayPal transaction but now it is just their username @eBay that's given  :(
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 01:21:49 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 01:55:07 PM »
I am going right off doing any international shipping outside of Ebay global shipping. Had a bit of gearbox where Hermes allegedly couldn't find the delivery address in Spain, despite having my email and phone number they just bounced the package back to me which apparently takes 6 to 8 weeks. Have tried to get them to re attempt delivery, not a chance, items sat in limbo somewhere. They didn't bother to leg me know there was a problem so first I knew it was astray was a buyer case. Tracking just showed out for delivery, til I chased it.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline BigAl (Alan)

• SOHC Pro
  • Hope its sunny at the weekend
    • View Profile
    • www.alans-electrics.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 03:41:32 PM »
Your quite right Ash, sold an RD 250 loom this norming, there are no email details on the transaction details, as there used to be 3 + weeks ago.

I have a private eBay a/c.  With a bit of info from my son (no interest in bikes) Open the paypal transaction details and click on the 'issue a refund' the page opens with the buyers email address...a refund would not  be issued until the page was completed and sent.
Current bikes:-
Honda CB750 K4 (1974) USA
Honda XL500S (1980) UK
Honda CD175 sloper (1968) UK
Honda CB1100A (2013) UK
www.alans-electrics.co.uk

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 04:53:16 PM »
Your quite right Ash, sold an RD 250 loom this norming, there are no email details on the transaction details, as there used to be 3 + weeks ago.

I have a private eBay a/c.  With a bit of info from my son (no interest in bikes) Open the paypal transaction details and click on the 'issue a refund' the page opens with the buyers email address...a refund would not  be issued until the page was completed and sent.

Nice one Al !!  Tried it and up came the email address .. Thank your son for me please too !

Offline Nurse Julie

• 1977 CB550/4 Mongrel Brat. 1974 UK 500/4 K1. Honda CD250u.
  • Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2019, 05:48:25 PM »

Nice one Al !!  Tried it and up came the email address .. Thank your son for me please too !
Thank your Son for me too Al. At least when I do need a customers direct email, I know where to look now 👍
LINK TO MY EBAY PAGE. As many of you know already, I give 10% discount and do post at cost to forum members if you PM me direct.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/julies9731/m.html?item=165142672569&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

LINK TO MY CB400/4 ENGINE STRIP / ASSESSMENT AND REBUILD...NOW COMPLETE
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,14049.msg112691/topicseen.html#new

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2019, 01:49:24 PM »
Great info, I too wondered why the f they would hide it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2019, 08:37:37 AM »
Well ...the trick of going to issue a refund to obtain the email address  must have been sussed now as it no longer comes up when you attempt to issue a refund  >:(

BUT ... just shipped some 750 carbs I sold by UPS Packlink (eBay's new shipping plan) and lo and behold the buyers email address and telephone number shows on the label detail BEFORE you print it .. it doesn't show on the PDF you use to print.  ;)

Just noticed though that the buyer and sellers contact  telephone number still  shows on the label  ;)

Packlink will also email you after you have bought the shipping from them  and within that email you can find 'phone number and email address of buyer  ;)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 09:18:30 AM by AshimotoK0 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal