Author Topic: F2 Carb / choke question  (Read 494 times)

Offline SumpMagnet

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
F2 Carb / choke question
« on: March 06, 2019, 01:55:19 PM »
Been reassembling my carbs and putting the linkages together after the enforced carb repairs from last summer. I had fun and games trying to figure out how it all went together, but I managed to get it sorted with a few extra reference pictures.

Now...I have an issue.

The choke shafts are hooked together in the centre, and both sides operate OK...but the choke flaps do not go into the fully open 'horizontal' position like I thinkn they should.

When you look at the 'fingers' in the centre, all the pictures I have show them with a neat 90 degree bend in. Mine are not. The bit at the rear should pick up on the left side shaft and open. When I do this, it tends to slip through to press on the piece in front. This means one half goes fully open...and one half does not. You can see on the picture it is on the edge...not where I would expect it to be...

Can anyone confirm....and if these are bent...I guess I really ought to straighten them ... but is that just liable to lead to more issues?
I am guessing someone has tried to bend things to fit better....or else some wierd things have happened.
CB750F2 - in pieces
CB900F Hornet - the daily transport

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal